The Iselin Social Security Office location is in Iselin, New Jersey 08830. This page provides the contact information for this location including the Social Security office phone number, office hours and driving directions.
If you have questions or issues about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, then call the Iselin Social Security Office listed below. New Jersey SSA offices handle several federal programs such as retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits.
From The Garden State Pkwy (gsp) North Take Exit 131a. From Gsp South Take Exit 131. At 4th Light Turn Right Onto Middlesex-essex Tpke. At 3rd Light Turn Left Into Metrostar Plaza Parking Lot. In Either Direction From Route 1 At Woodbridge Mall Area, Take Jug Handle To Gill Lane And Take To The End Which Is Middlesex-essex Tpke. Office Is Directly Ahead And On 3rd Flr. Onsite Parking,including Spaces For Handicapped Individuals Is Available At This Location.
Social Security Office Location
Iselin, New Jersey 08830
Social Security Office Phone Number
Social Security Office Hours
Except for Federal Holidays
*As of March 17, 2020, all local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service. SSA is still accepting mail and online applications.
Map to the Social Security Office
Tips when visiting the Iselin Social Security Office:
- Make an appointment: Don’t just show up at the Iselin SSA office without an appointment. If you do, you will likely be in for a long wait.
- How to make an appointment: Call the national phone number at 1-800-772-1213 OR call your office at their local number of they have one. Check the listings on this site for more details. Call between 7am and 7pm Monday thru Friday, with the shortest wait times Tuesday – Friday. The best times to call are early in the morning or after 5pm.
- Documentation: Once you have the rep on the phone, make sure to get a list of all of the documentation you need to bring down to the office for your appointment. Like the DMV, you only want to have to go once! You may need your birth certificate, your U.S. passport, your Social Security card, and other identity documents, like mortgage documents, and utility bills. These will help to ensure your eligibility for Social Security. If you are applying for SSI, you may need to bring bank information like a check so they can arrange ACH or direct deposit payments and medical information like your doctors, hospitals or clinics you have been to. Make sure to ask.
- Bring a list of your Questions: You may have a number of questions that you need answered. The folks at the Social Security Administration are very busy. Bringing a list of questions will allow them to help you more fully.
- Arrive early: Try to be to the SSA office for your appointment early to ensure that you get seen.