The Farmville Social Security Office location is in Farmville, Virginia 23901. This page provides the contact information for this location including the Social Security office phone number, office hours and driving directions.
If you have questions or issues about your retirement Social Security benefits, or you need to schedule an appointment, then call the Farmville Social Security Office listed below. Virginia SSA offices handle several federal programs such as retirement, SSI, Medicare and disability benefits.
From Farmville: Go South On Main Street (rt 15 South). After Crossing Rt 460, Turn Right At First Light Onto Commerce Road. Office Is 4/10 Mi Down Commerce Road On Right. From Keysville: At Traffic Light Just Before Rt 460, Turn Left Onto Comm Erce. Office Is 4/10 Mile Dowm Commerce Road On Right. From East Or West On Route 460: Exit For Route 15 South (hampden Sydney College). At First Traffic Signal, Turn Right Onto Commerce Road. Office Is 4/10 Mile Down Commerce Road On The Right.
Social Security Office Location
Farmville, Virginia 23901
Social Security Office Phone Number
Social Security Office Hours
Except for Federal Holidays
*As of March 17, 2020, all local Social Security offices will be closed to the public for in-person service. SSA is still accepting mail and online applications.
Map to the Social Security Office
Tips when visiting the Farmville Social Security Office:
- Make an appointment: Don’t just show up at the Farmville SSA office without an appointment. If you do, you will likely be in for a long wait.
- How to make an appointment: Call the national phone number at 1-800-772-1213 OR call your office at their local number of they have one. Check the listings on this site for more details. Call between 7am and 7pm Monday thru Friday, with the shortest wait times Tuesday – Friday. The best times to call are early in the morning or after 5pm.
- Documentation: Once you have the rep on the phone, make sure to get a list of all of the documentation you need to bring down to the office for your appointment. Like the DMV, you only want to have to go once! You may need your birth certificate, your U.S. passport, your Social Security card, and other identity documents, like mortgage documents, and utility bills. These will help to ensure your eligibility for Social Security. If you are applying for SSI, you may need to bring bank information like a check so they can arrange ACH or direct deposit payments and medical information like your doctors, hospitals or clinics you have been to. Make sure to ask.
- Bring a list of your Questions: You may have a number of questions that you need answered. The folks at the Social Security Administration are very busy. Bringing a list of questions will allow them to help you more fully.
- Arrive early: Try to be to the SSA office for your appointment early to ensure that you get seen.